Coconut Ladoo are made especially during festivals like Baisakhi, Diwali, and Ganesh Chaturthi etc. these coconut ladoos are made with dried coconut. Coconut ladoos are prepared with 3 basic ingredient which includes coconut, milk and sugar. Coconut is a good cooking ingredient, it also have lots of health benefits for skin, hair and body.
- Mawa/khoya – 1 cup (crumbled)
- Raw coconut – 2 cup (grated)
- Powdered sugar/Boora – 1 cup
- Cardamon Powder – ¼ tsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- In a pan heat ghee, add raw coconut and roast it for a minute on medium heat. Keep aside.
- In another pan roast the mawa on medium heat. Roast while stirring continuously.
- Keep cooking till it gets very little light pink in color and will leave the sides of the pan. Approx 5-6 minutes.
- Let it cool down a little.
- When still warm add coconut (save 4 tbsp for rolling), powdered sugar, cardamom powder and milk. Mix well.
- Grease your palm with little ghee and start shaping the ladoos.
- Roll each ladoo in the coconut powder.
- Coconut Ladoo are ready.
- You can store the ladoos for 8-10 days in the refrigerator.
NOTE:– If you are using desiccated coconut then you don’t need to roast it.