Diploma in Food Production
With the growth in the food and beverage industry, the need for trained and qualified manpower has also recorded a rise. This increased demand allows aspiring cooks for pursuing a professional course and shaping their careers. The hospitality industry spans wide from hotels, resorts, restaurants, and bars, etc giving a prospective career to aspirants. All these organizations require a qualified professional with a Diploma in Food Production to manage their operations.
The modern-day food production courses involve a wide range of skill training and specialized theory syllabus. Students get to learn cooking, hygiene, nutrition, and even computers and accounts. They are trained in comprehensive handling of kitchen and counter for all-round management of a restaurant or hotel.
National Finishing and Cookery Institute (NFCI) offer advanced culinary skills courses, Diploma in Food Production. As the name suggests, it includes everything about preparing the food. Aspirants learn about every technique that processes raw ingredients into various types of dishes and different cuisines. The learned chefs from this course will be trained in kitchen management for all kinds of specialty restaurants. The students who have passed 10+2 with English as a subject and aggregate marks of 50% can enroll themselves in this course. NFCI provides diploma courses in food production with modern labs and experienced educators. Students get internship opportunities and good placements.
Diploma in Food Production Course Details:-
Every student will get to learn about different food preparation skills like:-
1. Learn about the use of ingredients- The role of ingredients is important in every kind of cooking from basic to advanced. Students get to learn about countless common and rare ingredients in cooking. They are taught about their special qualities and function in dishes.
2. Different cooking techniques- The routine cooking in our lives only has basic cooking techniques. But, students in food production courses are taught about all cooking techniques like frying, roasting, grilling, chilling, steaming, etc till advanced levels. So, they become well-equipped to cook a variety of dishes and experiment.
3. Food cost control- Culinary is not only about cooking in the kitchen. It also involves accounting and management for comprehensive learning. Students are taught about accounting, costing, and food cost control for no compromise with quality but cost savings for profit.
4. Use of computer- Computer is used in every field today. It is an important part of the culinary industry too. All the records and billing work are done with the computer. Therefore, students are provided sufficient teaching and training for the use of computers.
5. Kitchen management- Food production is an extensive course. Students are taught everything from cooking to hygiene, food safety, and even nutrition.
6. Cooking different cuisines- The new trend of having foreign cuisine is getting popular. So, students get to learn about different cuisines around the globe. This enables them to work in all kinds of hospitality organizations nationally and internationally. They get to learn so many different and popular preparations of food globally.
The Diploma in Food Production is Relevant For:-
● Professional chefs and culinarians who want to get specialized knowledge in food preparation techniques and kitchen management.
● People who want to open and manage their cafe, restaurant, or hotel.
● Aspirants who are interested in learning professional cooking and make a career in the culinary industry.
The eligibility of this course is:
DIPLOMA FOOD PRODUCTION
|10th(Matriculation)||1 Year and Industrial Training 6 Months|
People from all the other fields and subjects who have eligibility for this course can join.
What Qualifications Will You Gain By Pursuing Course in Food Production?
On successful completion of the Diploma in food production, you will become an expert in preparing food and kitchen management. Professionals from food production can work at renowned places like Hotels, Cruises, catering establishments, resorts, etc. There are perspective career opportunities abroad. Qualified people get to work as chefs, head chefs, managers, and even entrepreneurs.
Learn and get Diploma certificate with placement opportunities at NFCI Hotel Management & Culinary Institute.